The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Is It Sick??

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Tonya on July 21, 2006 09:58 AM
I have had this scheffelera (sp [dunno] ) for about 3 years or so. During the winter, it sits on a table in a window. In summer, it gets moved outside and generally loves it. This year, it is getting yellow spots on it's leaves. It still has new growth and not all leaves are affected. What am I doing wrong??

-

I am watering the same as always, and have not repotted... help me help it!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Triss on July 21, 2006 10:41 AM
Tonya,

The plant, other than the few yellow leaves, looks great! I would clip the stems that are yellow and bring it into a more shady spot. Is it a lot hotter this year in your area? And dryer than normal? That may be part of the problem.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Tonya on July 21, 2006 10:56 AM
Triss, I think it is hotter everywhere this year. I will try moving it further back on the porch...out of the sun. Thanks!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Triss on July 21, 2006 11:03 AM
Ain't that the truth Tonya. Although I cannot complain too much cuz my garden is really loving the heat and plants are finally starting to grow and bloom!

My first ever houseplant was a schefflera and I killed it on hot July day. I took it outside to spray off the leaves and totally forgot about it. That baby was about 5 feet tall and absolutely gorgeous. I was heartbroken.

-
 -
by Tonya on July 21, 2006 05:06 PM
I would've been heartbroken, too...this one is only about 2 feet at it's tallest spot. The rest gor cut back to NOTHING earlier this summer so it would bush out instead of being so leggy. I found part of it growing behind/under my tomatoes this evening! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I must have cut it off and thrown it into the yard and it wound up there and grew... [dunno] It is now repotted with the "momma" plant!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Triss on July 21, 2006 06:30 PM
That is a GOOD thing!

-
 -
by Tonya on August 03, 2006 06:12 AM
Triss, FYI...I moved it away from the tomato plants and it is now *knock on wood* doing great. It must've been the tomato plant and the scheff. reacting to each other because it still gets the same amount of sun.. [dunno] thanks for all the help!! [kissies]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Tonya on August 03, 2006 06:13 AM
Sorry...hiccup! [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Triss on August 03, 2006 06:47 AM
Glad it is doing better now Tonya! Mine has survived its transplant and is now putting on new growth. I am so happy!

-
 -
by Tonya on August 04, 2006 04:28 AM
Awesome!! [thumb]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: