The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: HELP!| Next thread: Help ??????Blackened bottom tomatoes »
Back to Thread index
by gardeningmomma on August 10, 2006 07:44 AM
I have had a cactus dish for 2-3 years now. It's never appeared to grow, but never died either. Today, I noticed two spots on the same cactus.
spot #1
Spot #2

What is my cactus telling me? I watered it yesterday. Could I have over watered it?
Here is a picture of the whole dish.
Cactus Dish

Thank you [Wink]
by Jimmy V on August 10, 2006 08:04 PM
Yes you could have how often do you water it and how well does it drain? If it is holding water you need to make sure it drains better. Living in Texas I bottom water mine but only once or twice a week depending on how much over 100 it has been. In winter I seldom water at all.

- Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.
 - GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops! Jimmy's Photos
 - Jimmy's Blog
by gardeningmomma on August 11, 2006 01:58 AM
Last time I watered them was June 16th (my Wedding Anniversary). They appear to drain well. The roots all look really happy and healthy. Should I cut the brown spots off? Or leave them alone? This has me stumped, I've never had seen it before.
Thanks for your reply. I think I'll move it onto the porch for the rest of the Summer- maybe that's what it needs. [flower]
by gardeningmomma on August 11, 2006 01:59 AM
Oh, just a thought, I've never given it any kind of feed. Is that something I should do?
by gardeningmomma on August 18, 2006 02:11 PM
I'd really appreciate any advice.
Thanks. [Wink]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: HELP!| Next thread: Help ??????Blackened bottom tomatoes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: