The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Help!| Next thread: help »
Back to Thread index
by Meg on June 24, 2004 03:12 AM
I have a really pretty hibiscus that's been doing well since I got it for mother's day. Suddenly, I noticed black spots all over a few of the buds and big ugly black ants all over it! It's scary looking. What the H E double hockey sticks is this and what can I do to fix it? I don't want to kill another plant. *wail*

Meg

eta- I went back out, and with my gloves on, I plucked one section off that was badly covered and attempted to take pics. My crappy little camera won't take good close ups, they are too fuzzy to make out. Anyway, upon closer inspection, I noticed a parasite. Not sure what kind it is or what I can do tho. I didn't get a real good look, cuz I didn't really want to touch it. (Did I say I have a slight bug phobia?) I did see it looked kinda light green, slightly fuzzy, not very long. It didn't look caterpillar like.. so not that fuzzy. It was really hard to see, it was around the green near the base of the buds. My poor hibiscus. It's not all over it yet, but one section is covered pretty well.

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by Nako on June 24, 2004 05:32 PM
>.< That sux. I donno what to do, but i want to wish you the best of luck in getting rid of that pest >.o ick...

Hopefully someone will be able to come up with an answer though!

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Phil and Laura on June 24, 2004 08:05 PM
Ok Meg... this is a guess, the presence of ants tells me you could have an aphid problem, they come in all colors, green for sure, But the ants go for the secretions the aphids leave called HONEY DEW, so Like I said, a guess. [dunno]
by manx on July 05, 2004 01:43 PM
spray with BUG GUN ,a good quality insect killer.i use SCOTTS and it works well it can be used on most things and is resonably safe .

m.g.bloom

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help!| Next thread: help »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: