The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

fern in question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Fern help please...| Next thread: Fern's Root ball »
Back to Thread index
by lilitu on July 22, 2004 08:11 PM
ok- I have this fern...I don't know what it is-it's green [Wink] it has little dark hairs on the back of it's stems.
It has 2 new little guys that have uncurled and about 3 more that are still curled-1 doesn't look so hot. 1 large one that was fine and 2 previously large fronds that I had to cut off cuz they was lookin sickly.
Anyway- my problem- the larger fronds are drying out & becoming crisp at the edges of some of the leaves. I mist in the morning before I go to work and I water it every once in a while. It's in a room with indirect light-not very bright. DOes it need more humidity? Does it need mroe light?

Thanks ahead of time [Smile]

lilitu~ [wayey]
by just gladys on July 22, 2004 08:27 PM
Not sure what the deal is with your fern. I used to have a Boston Fern and it did the same thing. No matter what I did, it dropped leaves like crazy. I'm sure someone here will be able to help!

Gladys
by Will Creed on July 28, 2004 03:52 AM
Ferns do not tolerate dry soil at all. You may not be watering frequently enough. Pay close attention to the soil and water it as soon as the surface of the soil feels almost dry.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Fern help please...| Next thread: Fern's Root ball »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: