The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Gardenia bush

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Gardenia buds, but no blooms| Next thread: gardenia bush »
Back to Thread index
by Ali_Cat on July 08, 2004 07:22 AM
ok..I may come across as a dumbie, lol..but i'm new at all this gardening stuff. This spring is when i REALLY started getting into it. Anyways..I went to Home Depot, and bought a little gardenia bush..that had a previous bloom on it...it stayed on for about 4 extra days after planting, then fell off. Do I need to cut anything now?
I'm so used to growing roses...That I don't really know how to take proper care of anything else!
If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank yas!

Happy gardening,

Ali

-
"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck."

by gardenmom32210 on July 08, 2004 02:12 PM
I would'nt do any trimming at this time. Usually you only trim them in the early spring before new growth starts.
What kinds of roses do you have? I adore roses and have about a dozen in my yard. On Valentines and Mothers Day,I trained my family to get me the bush,not cut flowers. I'm always on the lookout for new ones!

Karen [grin]
by Ali_Cat on July 08, 2004 06:52 PM
ok [Smile] Thank you for replying!

I have just your basic red climbing roses! I love them! [Cool]
Ya know...that is a really good idea, considering a rose in a vase is eventually gonna die...ya might as well get the whole bush! lol
You are one smart cookie [Wink]

-

by Ali_Cat on July 08, 2004 06:58 PM
one more thing, regarding the gardenia.

Just the flower fell off...not the green petal-like parts at the base of the flower. Do I need to cut that off??

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Gardenia buds, but no blooms| Next thread: gardenia bush »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: