The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Gardenia Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Gardenia plant| Next thread: Gardenia plant problem »
Back to Thread index
by quindici on December 15, 2006 04:30 AM
I have two beautiful Gardenias and had a problem with them having too much sun so moved them to a partially sunny location. Right now they are looking good and have some buds but noticed the past two days that the buds have fallen off. This happened before but thought it was from the sun exposure. Any help will be appreciated.

On another subject, can someone explain how I can post a picture on this site as I would like to show these gardenias and my jade. Thanks.
by alankhart on December 15, 2006 04:58 AM
It's usually a sign of some sort of stress. Sudden changes in light, temperature or water may cause the buds to fall off. Are they in pots or in the ground? Digging them up and moving them can also cause transplant shock which could make the buds drop. Growing them indoors can be rather tricky...they can be very tempermental, especially if they don't get the right amount of water.

-
 -
 -
by quindici on December 18, 2006 05:04 AM
Since I live in Southwest Florida, the plants are outdoors and they were in an area of sun most of the day. They are in large terra cotta pots and we moved them to an area of partial sun. I have read they should be kept moist. Are they getting too much water? I will watch them very closely to see if any additional buds fall off. Thank you for replying.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Gardenia plant| Next thread: Gardenia plant problem »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: