The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Wild Plum Trees Driving Us Plum Crazy

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Wild Plants| Next thread: wild raspberries »
Back to Thread index
by NotMrGreenJeans on June 22, 2006 05:49 AM
When we purchased our home, it had been vacant for several years and the property was overgrown with, among lots of other weeds (and a few neat surprises), wild plum trees of all sizes. We've cleared everything and have managed to keep it clear except those darn plum trees!! They continue to pop up everywhere. We've used Tordon Brush Killer (both painted on each tree (whew!) and sprayed at the root/stump level. Any other ideas? Maybe something that can be spread over the entire lawn?
by weezie13 on July 17, 2006 10:41 AM
Up to the Top.....

Anyone on this????

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Jiffymouse on July 17, 2006 02:46 PM
i had them when i lived in florida, and the only thing we could do was keep mowing over them. and weed wacking them, and cutting them, and and and, you get the drift. i never did get rid of them and those spikes on them were lethal!
by The Plant Doc on July 17, 2006 04:10 PM
They are coming up from root growth of other trees, the best thing you can do is just to keep wailing away at them with the lawn mower, or spray them with Weed B Gone. That will take care of the existing ones, but the roots will continue to send up new suckers until the roots eventually die.

-
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Wild Plants| Next thread: wild raspberries »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: