The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

rhododendron

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Rhododendrens| Next thread: Rhododendron 'Fastuosum Flore Pleno' »
Back to Thread index
by melcon6 on April 01, 2006 11:41 PM
After just spending a glorious two hours outdoors before being driven in by a light rain, I discovered that my big old rhodie has layered itself in a few places! [thumb] [clappy] Now I need to know, when can I transplant these lil babes into another garden?
Please tell me I can do it now because I've seen snakes in that area many times and this is the only time of year I feel comfortable crawling around in that area! [shocked]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by obywan59 on April 02, 2006 02:33 AM
I would say this would be the best time of year to do it. Take advantage of the spring rains! [thumb]

If you really want to be nice to your babies, buy some peat moss and dig a big hole, then mix some of the peat moss with the soil in the hole. I think I remember using roughly half and half. If the resulting soil is mounded, that is fine as rhododendrons like well drained soil. Mounding is an especially good idea if you have clay soil.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by dodge on April 02, 2006 04:28 AM
Rhoden.....ha ha they are plant that drives me to the funny farm...All around me everyone has one or 2 gorgous bushes........Me I kill them as fast as I plant them......I have no idea why.

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by dodge on April 02, 2006 04:29 AM
Rhoden.....ha ha they are plant that drives me to the funny farm...All around me everyone has one or 2 gorgous bushes........Me I kill them as fast as I plant them......I have no idea why.

dodge

-
 -
by Deborah L. on April 02, 2006 06:32 AM
What are rhododendrons? Anyone have pictures? Are they perennials?

-
 -
by loz on April 02, 2006 08:14 AM
by Bill on April 02, 2006 08:16 AM
A Google search of The Garden Helper will provide you with dozens of pages of information and photos of Rhododendrons!

-
by Deborah L. on April 02, 2006 08:20 AM
Thanks, Dodge and Loz ! I found a great picture of a rhododendron right here in the Garden Helper.
Didn't know there was one here.
Isn't this just the best website ever?

-
 -
by Deborah L. on April 02, 2006 08:21 AM
Bill, we must have posted at the same time-I was just typing the above. Thanks all !

-
 -
by dodge on April 02, 2006 08:23 AM
OF COURSE ........IT IS THE BEST SITE ON HERE.. THE COMPANY IS SO HELPFUL AND SO CHARMING.

ANY TIME.......THE GANG IS DOWNRIGHT GOOD.

THEY SAY 2 HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE, AND WE HAVE ALMOST 9000.. TEE HEE.

DODGE

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rhododendrens| Next thread: Rhododendron 'Fastuosum Flore Pleno' »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: