The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Fall Fling Seed Exchange Part III

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
Pages: 3 2 1
by penny in ontario on October 26, 2006 01:08 AM
So did i Triss until Loz reminded me [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [thumb] ...Tammy would have been looking at the envelope wondering where the stamps are!!

-
 -

-
by tkhooper on October 26, 2006 02:57 AM
Thanks guys. You are doing fantastic.

Rite2U your package will go in the mail tomorrow. I know it's been a long wait. I think you will find that it was worth it. It's a nice selection of plants and that makes it worth the wait I always think.

Believe me I remember forgetting stamps in my first package to Belinda so I wouldn't have been too terribly suprised. One nice thing when you make a mistake like that it makes it easy to excuse sending a second package of seed packets. Did I mention that I'm obsessive? lol.

I'm not taking these all to the postoffice and I don't have a postal scale so if I'm alittle off please excuse me.

I went to the post office today and the lady at the counter told me that hand canceling is now 13 cents rather than 12 cents like it used to be. She just wanted me to buy a bunch more stamps I know.

I look forward to everyones envelopes.

Roflol, your envelope made it here today. Those look like mighty good seeds. I hope there are some extra chocolate mint seeds in there. They smelled so good. Yummy.

Bestofour your envelope came in today too. So I'll be busy making up seed packets tomorrow too. So far everything is going great. I think everyone will be please with the fantastic selection that they are getting.

-
 -
by ceceharpo on October 26, 2006 03:08 AM
Hello all. I have missed quite a bit of going's on here lately, and I wonder if I am too late to participate in this years seed exchange. Please email me if I am or if I'm not. I would love to participate. BTW, I am in Canada, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I do send in bubble envelopes though, so maybe I can be allowed????

cece
by tkhooper on October 26, 2006 03:24 AM
Hey Cece, I'd be happy if you joined us. I look forward to getting your envelope. pm me if you have any questions since I look at pms before I come over to the seed exchange. I'm so glad you found us before the deadline.

-
 -
by ceceharpo on October 26, 2006 04:42 AM
Ok, I got it, at least 20 seeds per pack but how many packs are we to send to you TKHooper? I want to get these in the mail tomorrow seeing as how my mail is coming to you from Canada. It will most likely take a few extra days.

cece
by tkhooper on October 26, 2006 05:00 AM
Hi Cece you have a pm. I think I answered your questions there. You can send up to 100 seed packets per envelopes and as many envelopes as you like. Just limit the number of same type of seeds to no more than 10 packets per type. Otherwise some people are going to end up with several packets of the same thing. And I'd like to avoid that as much as possible. Although people with large yards might not mind getting several packages of the same thing.

-
 -
by LandOfOz on October 26, 2006 05:40 AM
Tammy, I got your seeds today! You must be a magician to have been able to cram all those packets into that small envelope!! Plus I'm thrilled with the selection of seeds I got back, thanks soooo much!! Also, I got the 10 packets of obedient plant ready and I'll send them out tomorrow.

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by Lorena on October 26, 2006 06:55 AM
Hey Tammy! [wavey]

I went to the mailbox today not expecting anything and WOOHOO I got the package you sent! There's even items from my (incredibly long) wish list! So surprised! Stuffed full little envelope it is! [clappy]

Thank you so much, HUGS! [grin]

Lorena [Love]

-
"My Treasures do not clink
together or glitter. They gleam in
the sun and neigh in the night"

Old Arab Proverb
by tkhooper on October 26, 2006 08:38 AM
Your both very welcome. I'm glad you like what I was able to send. I look forward to the obedient plant. I'm sure everyone would like to try them.

-
 -
by bibee on October 26, 2006 08:42 AM
Tk

Have got my package I sent u. Just let me know if u did get it. Take your if u did. I know it is taking some of my packages along time to get to some of my trades.

Angela

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/bibee1990/
by angelblossom on October 26, 2006 08:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tkhooper:
Hey Angelblossom,

I got your envelope today. I haven't had a chance to look at it but I'll get right on it tomorrow.

Oh Good!!! [clappy] make sure you getting enough rest Tk This is a monster Job and I admire you for taking it on [kissies]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by tkhooper on October 26, 2006 09:02 AM
I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it will be here soon. Your not so far from me that it should take to long.

-
 -
by floweringchild on October 26, 2006 09:34 AM
Hey tk,
I just finished putting my seed packet together. Off it will go to the P. O. tomorrow! [flower]
I've got a little somethin in there for you too Tammy for being such a sweetheart! [Wink] Thanks for sharing your time to complete such a large undertaking! [thumb] [kissies]

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 26, 2006 10:02 PM
Good Morning everyone,

Bestofour and Roflol your envelopes are completed and should go in the mail today. That is if, I can manage to get dressed. I'm feeling rather lazy today. lol.

Hey Floweringchild, thankyou for being a part of the Fall Fling. Your sweet to add something for me but that isn't necessary. I love doing it for my forum family.

Take care and have a great day. Bibee hopefully today your envelope will arrive I'll be on the lookout for it. My mailman has been coming about 1:30 pm so I'll let you know if it arrives.

-
 -
by LandOfOz on October 26, 2006 10:27 PM
Good morning Tammy, I just dropped your letter off at the PO. I didn't have an extra stamps, so I had the mail clerk put in the same amount of stamps as it took to mail the package--I think he put them in there, 'cause I know I didn't. hmmmmmmm, now that I think of it, I just remember him charging me for the stamps and sealing the envelope.... If the stamps aren't in there, please let me know and I'll get you taken care of!!

Thanks again for the promptness and awesomeness (new word!) of your fall fling!!

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by bibee on October 26, 2006 10:47 PM
Tk

I hope it comes soon. It's been 2 weeks or more.
I think the postoffice is getting lazy.

Angela

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/bibee1990/
by kennyso on October 27, 2006 01:08 AM
Hi Tk, any sign of my second envelope yet? Still waiting for my first one to come. Have a feeeling it's going to be today or tomorrow!

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on October 27, 2006 03:05 AM
Hi Kenny, Haven't seen your second envelope yet but I'm sure it will be here in a few days.

Hi Bibee, Your envelope arrived today. I haven't looked at the seeds yet but I'm sure they are wonderful.

Hey LandofOz, I'm confused. Is this a second envelope? I sometimes forget things so please remind me.

Hi Njoynit, your envelope arrived today. Again I haven't gone through it yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what all you sent and making up a nice selection of seeds to send back to you.

Hey Partygirl, you envelope arrived today too. My mailbox was overflowing with envelopes it was great. Some of your seed packets were leaking seeds but I think it's because they get caught on the plastic zip lock ridges and don't actually get in the envelope. But you put so many seeds in each of your envelopes I don't think it will be a problem.

So I will be working on your packets over the comming week and will of course try to make sure you have them before the end of November.

I'm so excited. It is just like Christmas.

-
 -
by LandOfOz on October 27, 2006 03:16 AM
Tammy, this is the second envelope with the 10 packets of obedient plant seeds. And if this is the only thing that has confused you or that you've forgotten then you are doing about a million times better than I would've!

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by tkhooper on October 27, 2006 03:57 AM
Have I mentioned that my computer desk is looking like a junk yard lol. I just have to put some of this stuff away. I'm so bad.

-
 -
by njoynit on October 27, 2006 04:05 AM
Well look at them baggies good.one of them has $$ and some seeds for you.I found some lime basil today that fell out..it smelled good as the vacume sucked it up...baggie& all.

Did the rain arrive with the envelope too?I sure hope so.I've had my fill this month.I soaked myself this morning in a mud puddle...I was trying to get out of truck...OVER it.not IN it.The puddle was just TOO big.
I did fix my mailbox too so its dry again.I leaned the box forward a lil& re shaped box so the lid will stick....for a lil while anyway.I guess is an excuse to buy a larger box.

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by tkhooper on October 27, 2006 04:27 AM
LandofOz, you got me. That was a definitely lol. Thanks for reminding me about the obedient plant. Sometimes I need to staple notes to my forehead.

Njoynit, I did see the postage envelope thankyou for including the goodie. I do like goodies. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with all my wonderful seeds without a yard. But I'll talk someone into letting me play in theirs lol. I'm sorry I missed out on the lime basil. But I still have several kinds that I haven't attempted to grow yet. Although I'll have to change up soon. Everyone around here already has a herb container full of the cinnamon basil lol.

To bad Mike57 isn't feeling well. I bet he could make you a mailbox that would be super fantastic. I wish I had that kind of craft talent.

Now I'm off to begin sorting the seeds into their different sections.

And for those who love to stay in the know 1,039 seed packets have arrived so far. That is if my math is any good today. And some days are far better than others.

-
 -
by kennyso on October 27, 2006 04:44 AM
Tammy, this may seem like a stupid question, but you didn't move did you? I got the package back again but this time there was a yellow label on it that says the person is no longer at this address...and in large leters RTS (return to sender I guess). Is it still too late to resend it tomorrow or would you prefer me not to hold up and wait for the second round, if there is one?

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on October 27, 2006 04:59 AM
Hum, that's odd. Did you check the address. Or the zip code. Sometimes small differences can confuse the post office. I'll pm my address to you just so you can check and make sure. I transposed letters from time to time.

And yes I would really like you to send it if you want to since I have roflol's seeds to send back to you. Or I can just put them in an envelope to you. Let me know which way you want it.

-
 -
by kennyso on October 27, 2006 05:08 AM
I'll send them to you, hopefully I didn't slow everything down! You should be getting it soon!

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on October 27, 2006 08:52 PM
I look forward to it. No your not slowing everything down. Your doing fine. The clog in the system is going to be me if anyone. I need to type of 4 plant lists before I can send out the next set of envelopes and it will probably take me all day because I can't wrap my head around it quite yet. One of the problems with giving up Coffee and Tea is that it is harder to get started in the morning. And this is one of those mornings when I would really like a Coffee lol. Oh well, I promise to get on it as soon as I can. Have a good day all. And if you don't see me the rest of the day you'll know what I'm up to lol.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 28, 2006 12:13 AM
Oh Kratz7 your envelope is in the mail. And I hope you are going to enjoy your selection of seeds. And I would definitely like to see pictures of the Water Lotus when it flowers. I love those flowers.

Sibyl your envelope will go in the mail tomorrow I missed the postman by this much lol.

Bibee your not going to believe it but your envelope will go in the mail tomorrow too.

tcmers your envelope will be in the mail tomorrow also.

It took some doing but I managed it. Now I have some fantastic soup to look forward too. Yummy, and then I'll be making pioneer scones to take to Donna this evening. I feel pretty productive today. Even if I can't see my dinningroom table or my computer ironing board lol.

Have a good day all.

Oh BTW Triss you box arrived. I'll dig into it tonight or tomorrow. It looks so inviting. I can't wait to see what all you sent.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 28, 2006 12:21 AM
wow Triss super nice gift. I love the cards and envelopes that are super great. Thankyou.

-
 -
by Triss on October 28, 2006 12:59 AM
You are welcome Tammy, I am glad it made it safe, and so quickly as well.

I think I may have sent more than 10 packages of one seed. Read that part after I sent it. And if it is a problem, then just count the first 10 for what you return to me.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by tkhooper on October 28, 2006 01:06 AM
Triss guess what
I just finished filling your envelope and it's going out in the mail tomorrow.

Woohoo I'm on a roll.

-
 -
by Triss on October 28, 2006 01:28 AM
That is so cool Tammy. Mine was probably one of the easier ones though. Cannot wait to see what comes back to me.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by penny in ontario on October 28, 2006 02:21 AM
Uhhh Tammy....my seeds that i sent to you have come back to me...says no such address?
I have double checked the address and thats what i put....so i am adding a few more stamps and mailing them again today.
Please let me know once they get there, i dont understand why they came back in the first place??

-
 -

-
by loz on October 28, 2006 03:03 AM
That is so weird...that's twice now huh? I'm glad mine got there okay.
by penny in ontario on October 28, 2006 03:14 AM
The kids called and said i got some seeds in the mail and told me the name...its the envelope i sent to Tammy...so back into the mail they go.....again [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

-
 -

-
by tcmers on October 28, 2006 05:09 AM
Wow Tammy! You are fast! I can't wait to get them...I'm all excited! [clappy]
by tkhooper on October 28, 2006 06:42 AM
Njoynit, guess what...
yeppers I finished your envelope too. So it will go out in the mail tomorrow. This is so much fun. Maybe I should take sudafed more often I never get this much done in a day lol.

I can't wait to hear if you like what I picked for you.

As far as the returns from Canada. Maybe you all should contact your postoffice first before resending. The only problems we are experiencing is across the northern boarder. Everyone elses is comming in fine. Are you doing the capital "USA" thing on the final line? I know silly question. I just can't figure out what is going on. And I don't want you all waisting postage.

I wish I knew what the problem was. This is weird.

Well we are heading out visiting teaching now so bye.

-
 -
by Kratz7 on October 28, 2006 08:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm really glad I joined the Fall Fling seeds exchange. I look forward to getting my seed swap from it.

And Tammy.... Thank You Sooooooo much for being the chief swapper in the swap. I'm sure I will be pleased with the seeds I recieve. For you to take the time to be the organizer of such a huge undertaking is so, so generous.

And for everyone that took the time to chip in all of your seeds to the swap another Thank you also,you all are a great bunch of people  -  -

Have a great evening,

-

-

Kratz7 Photos
by penny in ontario on October 28, 2006 08:59 AM
Hi Tammy....i mailed mine again...but this time at the actual post office and even they didnt know what the problem was but told me i had more then enough postage, sooooo here's hoping you see them and i dont~~!

-
 -

-
by tkhooper on October 28, 2006 09:26 AM
I'll cross all my crossables. And I'll be on the look out for your package. There is still a great selection of seeds so don't worry. I think you are still going to be thrilled with you swap.

Hey Charlie, I love being able to do something for my Forum Family. I to think you all are great.

-
 -
by sibyl on October 28, 2006 10:56 AM
Tammy
you sent mine out today! thank you!
i sent you stamps today!
my mail lady said they cant take the bubble envolopes unless they know whats in them, maybe thats what caused Pennys to go back to her?

-
 -
by sibyl on October 28, 2006 11:08 AM
ooooppsss
i mean your sending mine out tomarrow! thank you!

-
 -
by njoynit on October 28, 2006 01:47 PM
you know...sometimes its just the postal workers....sometimes my mail has problems makeing it past Lufkin.so useually then I'll just go mail it back out of Livingston cause for some reason THEIR mail ships Houston then where its going to from there.I shipped mine out of Livingston to you...they sailed fast to for 1st class.I'm looking forward to them seeds.I know soon I will have sort my wintersowing sections& get a count for getting my jugs ready. I'll get your postage out tommorow.my roads in bad shape (plus I've not helped it any on the quad)My roads not carable right now& I've been given a warning about rideing my quad.I guess all my neighbors aren't deaf nor blind.plus I learned I can't ride it on the county road (which is fine....the woods is more fun!)anyone wanting rain....I'll share mine.I can't even sift compost right now.its mudpost.

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by tkhooper on October 28, 2006 07:08 PM
You already sent me postage. Both of you. There isn't any need to send more. Yes I've had postal worker problems from time to time too. Usually I go in and get grouchy with the supervisor and the problem goes away.

Njoynit you be careful on that quad ok?

I'm of course looking forward to what's left to come in. We are about halfway through so there is still plenty left to get.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 29, 2006 03:14 AM
Cancolgirl your envelope arrived today. No problem getting through from your part of Canada anyway. So now I've just got to choose the 32 seed packets to send back to you. I don't think I have any double hollyhocks in the exchange as of yet but I'll keep my eye out. Thankyou so much for being a part of the Fall Fling.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 29, 2006 03:18 AM
LandofOz I also got the obedient plants. Thankyou for taking the time to send them in.

-
 -
by angelblossom on October 29, 2006 05:09 AM
Thanks TK !!Got my envelope today!! [clappy] [kissies]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by cancolgirl on October 29, 2006 07:36 AM
Oh I am so glad u got them [clappy] . I was scared after reading that Kenny's and Penny's had been returned. I can't wait to see what I get. Thank you for all the work u have put into it. No need to hurry with mine, I can wait even tho it's probably an easy one to fill. [Smile] .

Word of the day
jovial \JOH-vee-uhl\, adjective:
Merry; joyous; jolly; characterized by mirth or jollity.
by roflol on October 29, 2006 12:26 PM
Got mine today too! Woohoo, thanks everybody! This truly is early Christmas for me! What a great collection! [Love]

Kenny, thanks for the Job's Tears, told my Mom about these and she is looking forward to seeing how the rosary(ies)/chaplets turn out when I grow the plants. I hope you are as pleased with the cypress as I am with the JT. [Love]

Tammy, thanks so much for all your work. [Love]
by tkhooper on October 29, 2006 07:09 PM
Hi Angelblossom, I hope the seeds help you create a beautiful garden this coming year.

Hey Cancolgirl, I'll do my best to see that you get a good selection of seeds.

Morning Roflol, Wow yours got back to you quickly. But that is a good thing. I'm glad you are happy with the selection.

-
 -
by kennyso on October 29, 2006 07:58 PM
roflol, glad you liked them! I'm trying to wait patiently for my package!

-
 -

My Website My Blog

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: