The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Asparagus fern?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: asparagus fern| Next thread: Asparagus fern. »
Back to Thread index
by Mel on July 13, 2004 10:05 AM
Hello all. I have an indoor fern that I believe is called an asparagus fern (or so the tag it came with said it was), which has been doing nothing for about a year now. Its stems are covered in compact more needle like fronds than a usual fern. It won't grow and its not dying back. I pamper it with misting, watering from the bottom, good soil, and seven or so hours of indirect sunlight. My other ferns are thriving, and I just can't figure this one out.
by plantlady19 on July 13, 2004 05:39 PM
That is a mystery. I too have an asparagus fern and I have never seen that. Are you sure it isn't root bound?

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.
by Mel on July 13, 2004 09:14 PM
I repotted it this spring in a much larger pot with a water reservior in the bottom. These pots work great for ferns because the water is wicked up by a piece of material very slowly and keeps the dirt moist but almost never wet. There has been little improvement, I think it might have twitched a little and grown about a centimeter.

Mel
by plantlady19 on July 15, 2004 06:09 PM
Its wonderful that you are taking such great care of your plant. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck with the little guy! [thumb]

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: asparagus fern| Next thread: Asparagus fern. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: