The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

hard move on plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by janvier on March 24, 2005 11:23 PM
i have just moved from louisiana to ohio. my plants were doing great in the warm humid L.A. i moved my plants in my explorer, i did not realize that over night they would not like the cold temps the car had.. The 3 plants that did not fare well were 2 african violets, 2 large shiffaleras, and 2 large peace lillys. Is there any hope for the violets? what sould i do about the shifff and peace lillys? they have lost almost all of therir leaves, should i cut and how much? [tears]
by weezie13 on March 24, 2005 11:46 PM
Janvier,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!!
We are very glad you found us!!!

I just wanted to let know I was going to
move your post into the HOUSE PLANT SECTION,
you'll get alot more responses in that section
for those types of plants and lot's of help will
arrive...

Hope your plants are okay!!!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Amy R. on March 25, 2005 09:24 AM
Hi janvier,
I'm sorry to hear about your plants, however, all is not lost. I don't think I can help you with the AV's, although if you can salvage a leaf cutting from them, they can be easily propagated. As for the Scheffs and the Peace Lilies, I would just cut back what has frozen. Do not repot, or fertilize, but place in the appropriate lighting, water as needed, and hope for the best. I'm sorry, I know this probably isn't too helpful, but hopefully someone else will come along with more info. Good luck with your plants!
by Jiffymouse on March 26, 2005 02:48 PM
actually amy, you did well. my only comment would be to state regarding the cutting back of the peace lily, i would carefully inspect it, as you might have part of the center than isn't really frozen, as much as shocked. don't cut that part back.

Active Garden Forum