The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Regional Question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by avenging cat angel on December 11, 2005 11:01 PM
i'm up in new england and the gardening season is over. what do folks do this time of year to start preparing for spring. Thanks.
all suggestions are welcome [flower]
by comfrey on December 12, 2005 04:12 AM
My suggestions are...Look at the seed catalogs, plan your gardens for the next growing season, research plants or seeds you want to grow, start you a notebook with notes about these plants etc, make lists of things you will need and come here and chat with your garden friends. [thumb]

-
 -
by melcon6 on December 12, 2005 08:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by avenging cat angel:
i'm up in new england and the gardening season is over. what do folks do this time of year to start preparing for spring. Thanks.
all suggestions are welcome [flower]

Play on the forum! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [wavey] [thumb]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by Jon on December 22, 2005 03:51 AM
envy those of us (currently - one of the "us" gets to even envy you all <s>) who get to garden pretty much year round
by tkhooper on December 22, 2005 04:41 AM
Dont for get test your soil to see what amendments it's going to need. I know I'm going to need alkaline soil for the chinese laterns I want. I just have to have them. I hope they will handle mostly compost. That's about the closest to alkaline I have at the moment. Look in the seed exchange several people are willing to take postage for seeds. Like me I have an excess of seeds lol. Mostly due to the nice people here in the forum.

-
 -
by dodge on December 30, 2005 04:55 AM
[Big Grin]
Me too in Pennsylvania.....I do indoor plants .. Started some imp seeds and they was in full bloom for christmas......
Still doing some seed swapping....And you can read all the garden forums on here, to learn lots on the plants you wish to grow.
[Cool]
Folks on here are so helpful.......To everyone.

Happy New Year to all........... [party]
dodge in 2005 & 2006

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by Robbie on December 30, 2005 10:41 AM
I live in Alabama but i am sure this will apply to more areas of the country. Work on the compost pile or bin. I put leaves and grass clippings in mine along with my horse manure. I have a chipper and chip up stuff for next season. I hope this helps.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: