The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

reliable mail order houses for plants?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Regional Question| Next thread: relocating myself and my plants »
Back to Thread index
by Mrs.Spud on May 05, 2006 10:23 AM
I need a couple roses and was looking at jackson perkins. Are they reliable? Do you have any other suggestions?

I also need to plant a sloped hill, so I may need more plants than just 2 roses.

Mrs.Spud: Idaho Mom
by howdager on May 05, 2006 03:03 PM
Mrs. Spud,
I having been buying from "dutchbulbs.com" for the last two years and have been very satisfied. The selecton is pretty good and more importantly there plants are garanteed. This year I had purchased ten potentilla cinquefoil plants and nothing came up. When I dug them up they were rotted! Bummer. But they are sending me replacement plants within the next week. I now realize I should have added some sand or perlite to the soil mix. Luckily, they are willing to accomodate my novice experience.
The other thing I would suggest if you go with a company that garantees the plants, definitely save your invoices!!! I bought eighty lilies of the valley and only 62 survived. Again, glad they will replace the lost ones.
The downside is it is not quite as satifying as perusing a great nursery and getting instant plants.
Good luck though
by Wrennie on May 06, 2006 12:10 AM
You can check on all co's on www.gardenwatchdog.com

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by joclyn on May 06, 2006 12:14 PM
i've purchased from michigan bulb and never had a problem with anything - everything grew just fine.

they do have a money back guarantee, tho. good to know, just in case.
by KKMedic on May 07, 2006 01:26 AM
I have bought from Burgess... being a novice, I was surprised at the bare root shrubs sent... but once planted, OMG! Talk about gorgeous!

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. -Mother Teresa

Work for the Lord - the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's sould remains unawakened."   ~Anatole France
by gardeningmomma on May 07, 2006 04:21 PM
I've bought from Brecks and Richard Owen's Nursery and have been very satisfied.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Regional Question| Next thread: relocating myself and my plants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: