The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Money Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: MONEY TREE| Next thread: Money Tree »
Back to Thread index
by new planter on May 30, 2006 12:35 PM
Hi there,
I recently received a money tree as a gift. I have been watering it according to the provided instructions and found it a nice sunny spot in my apt; however it has developed white spots on some of the leaves which are almost transparent. Any guidance would be SO appreciated!
by angelblossom on May 30, 2006 02:52 PM
[wavey]

Hi New planter Welcome to the Garden helper,, If you post your question in the houseplants thread I'm sure someone can guide you along!!

Looking forward to seeing you around!!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by afgreyparrot on May 30, 2006 03:05 PM
Hi, new planter..... [wavey]
Welcome to the forum!

I moved this topic down here into the House Plant forum so the members who know more about house plants can help you.

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by joclyn on May 30, 2006 03:43 PM
it could be some kind of parasite. have you taken a good, close look at the plant and the leaves? see anything, at all, that might look like a bug? gotta look hard, some things, like aphids are really tiny and are clear so they're hard to see.

it might just be the water is landing on the leaves, then the sunlight is being magnified through the water droplets and burning the leaves. make sure to water from below so that there isn't any water splashed on the leaves [Smile]
by new planter on June 04, 2006 10:44 AM
Thank you for the response. I carefully checked the leaves for bugs, but found nothing. The "holes" seem to be spreading.
by joclyn on June 04, 2006 06:48 PM
are you splashing water on the leaves? if not, then it might be some type of fungus.

can you rub the white spots off with your nail?
by new planter on June 05, 2006 10:11 AM
Nope, I water the plant at its base with a small water spout. The "white spots" are now becoming transparent - almost like dry, thin white paper.

I cannot scratch them off with my nail.

poor little tree!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: MONEY TREE| Next thread: Money Tree »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: