The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

hosta's

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Hosta's| Next thread: Hosta's for a House Plant? »
Back to Thread index
by ladystressout on October 02, 2005 04:07 AM
does anyone have any hosta's called diana?They bear fragant white flowers on them?I got one that is two tone that bears purple flowers to trade or I also got two kinds of cactus's which one is hardy and bears flowers also? Or I will pay for the postage?Thank you all Rita
by plants 'n pots on October 02, 2005 07:25 AM
I don't have it, Rita, but was wondering if you saw it on the tv show today - Paul James the Gardener Guy?

If so, weren't the gardens just gorgeous!
And I've never seen so many beautiful blue flowers in one location before! I was drooling over everything there!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by tamara on October 02, 2005 08:27 PM
I have a green one that has white flowers but it doesn't seem to be fragrant. I'll check it out for you. I don't have it's name it was in a bag of mixed hosta bulbs.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by cinta on October 03, 2005 03:35 AM
Sorry I do not have one...I think you are talking about Diana Remembered. There are many fragrant hostas now. I love the fragrant ones. If you cannot find Diana try....
So Sweet
Fragrant Bouquet
Plantigina
Fried Banana
There are a lot they smell like Gardenias and bloom in the fall when we need flowers so bad in cold areas.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by ladystressout on October 05, 2005 12:13 AM
Gosh! thank you Cinta did not know there were others that are fragant too? Lynne yes you were right I love that show Paul James is so funny but all of those gardens are awesome mine would never look like them! Thank you so much for the info.will write them down and check into them,wonder what color of flowers they bear?Rita
by cinta on October 05, 2005 08:36 AM
Lady the ones I listed are all white. Plantagenia - you can get a flower 6" big
Aphrodite - is a double white absolutely beautiful and fragrance to knock your socks off. Mine are two small to divide now but check out the hostas at....
http://www.hostalibrary.org/a/a.html

by ladystressout on October 05, 2005 11:51 PM
Thank you Cinta will do checking it as soon as I send you my reply/how tall do the ones you have get? I got two regular ones that I am taking out next spring to replace with other ones that spell good mabybe by then some other gardeners will trade with me for mine?Bye Rita
by ladystressout on October 05, 2005 11:59 PM
cinta girl they are so pretty I hate to asked this but if next spring your do way could I get a start? I will trade you the ones I got or pay for postage but the pictures are so pretty the aphrodite is awesome! I'm going to go cause I'm going to look up the other ones you mention that smell good bye for now Rita Remember keep those hands of your dirty!!
by cinta on October 06, 2005 02:32 AM
I would do postage next year. I am done digging everything except tropicals now that I will be sending out next week.

They are all the size of medium hostas, which is about 4' x 4' including the flower. The fragance is strong enough that walking past them you will smell them and in the evening the fragrance can be as far away as 5' or more.

by ladystressout on October 07, 2005 04:44 AM
Thank you cinta and I do not mind paying for the postage but just the fragance sounds so nice to have around? I will remind you in may?Would that be alright or is it to early?Just let me know or if you would I can send the ones that I got?It has no fragrance at all?Bye for now Rita

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hosta's| Next thread: Hosta's for a House Plant? »
Back to Thread index