The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Jade problems

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: jade problems| Next thread: Jade Propagation »
Back to Thread index
by miki on April 28, 2006 01:27 AM
I need some help with my Jade "tree" plant. One of the main trunks has split at the base. I've had this plant for 15 years and want to save it if possible what can I do?
by Andi on April 28, 2006 01:56 AM
We did it on a tree outside of our home and occasionally I've had success with it in my small (but very cool) greenhouse with some of those plants though I've never tried it on a Jade. Try wrapping gauze around the wound as you would your own, it may heal itself. I don't know that I would seal it though with tape, the moisture may make the trunk rot.
by miki on April 28, 2006 02:20 AM
I'll try anything. Thank you
by Jiffymouse on April 28, 2006 01:48 PM
actually, your jade may be nearing the "end" of it's life. if so, just cut it above the split and root the top. that will stimulate growth where you cut it on the bottom too. sometimes, they just get too big for their bases! just let the cut dry out well before you put the stem in the soil in the same pot, and water as if you hadn't done a thing to it. they are very resilient plants ans some of the easiest to propogate.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: jade problems| Next thread: Jade Propagation »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: