The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Help with Container sizes...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: help with castor bean plants| Next thread: help with crassula... »
Back to Thread index
by FlowerNewbie on April 07, 2006 10:11 PM
I have a Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue'. I have 3 very small plants. I was wondering a good size container for these and also if I could put them all in one or if they should be in separate containers? I'd like to put them in the smallest put that would still be okay... As I said they are very small now and will probably take some time to grow... which I then could eventually transplant to a bigger container...

Also, I have some of those mini citrus trees coming and was wondering about pot size for those also...

I am also attempting to grow trumpet vines in a container... I know they tend to get big... but they a virtually sticks at the moment... any container ides for those?

All these plants will be grown indoors and taken out on my balcony during season...

-
 -
Kitten in Life  - , Tiger in Love  -
by Jiffymouse on April 08, 2006 05:59 AM
any pot that leaves 1-2 inches all the way around the root ball is the perfect size. so, if your hydrangeas have a 4" root ball, you want a 6" pot. does that make sense?
by FlowerNewbie on April 08, 2006 06:20 AM
Yes it does... So I shouldn't worry about the type of plant or how big it will grow in the future?

-
 -
Kitten in Life  - , Tiger in Love  -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: help with castor bean plants| Next thread: help with crassula... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: