The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Daylily not blooming

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Daylily and Iris question| Next thread: daylily problem »
Back to Thread index
by JAKE on July 27, 2005 11:26 PM
Hi - maybe someone out there can give me a suggestion. Last year I planted some daylilies in a hot sunny spot of the garden and was confident they would do well there with the advice of my local garden center. Well it is now the end of July, and although the plant is healthy enough with lots of greenery, there are no blooms [dunno] [dunno] I'm a bit confused. Any ideas??
Thx - Ellen

-
by mike57 on July 28, 2005 02:56 AM
HI JAKE I see you from Calgary, Alberta zone 4 it still might to early for them to bloom in you area give them a little more time.your friend in gardening.mike57

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by loz on July 28, 2005 04:37 AM
Yep, I'm in zone 6 and mine have just started blooming this past week....so don't give up hope on them jake....

Laura
by Karrie on July 28, 2005 09:33 AM
I am in Zone 5b but I have had them blooming for probably 3 weeks now? Maybe I got real lucky!

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by JAKE on July 29, 2005 02:56 AM
It sounds like I am far too impatient - thanks for the input - I'll keep waiting and see what transpires!
Thanks!

-
by weezie13 on July 29, 2005 03:45 AM
[wayey] [wayey] [wayey] [wayey]
Hi ya JAKE!!! How you been doing??

Certain ones have been blooming for me about
3 weeks too... but some are just starting too..

Different colored one's at different times..

What name or color were they???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by JAKE on August 03, 2005 12:39 AM
Hey Weezie - doing fine thanks! Don't remember the names of the daylilies - only that they were being remarked upon for their prolific blooming (Ha Ha) which is why I bought them. Hope they bloom soon! Is there any way perhaps that I planted them too deep therefore stunting the blooming?

-
by phoenix on August 03, 2005 01:09 AM
Hang in there Jake,
Mine just started to bloom 2 weeks ago.

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Daylily and Iris question| Next thread: daylily problem »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: