The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Ribbon grass

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Ribbit?| Next thread: rice and corn »
Back to Thread index
by Sami on August 18, 2004 07:32 AM
I've been wanting to plant ribbon grass along my driveway...I looked it up & it says it grows like 3-4 foot! I don't want anything that really gets that big. What I've seen around town, that I thought was ribbon grass, is much smaller and stays in small "clumps". Am I actually wanting something other than ribbon grass? What I've seen, grows some purple flowers on a stalk, sometimes, too.

-
Talentless but connected.
by gardenmom32210 on August 18, 2004 01:50 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

liriope

Karen [grin]
by Bill on August 18, 2004 04:21 PM
by Sami on August 18, 2004 05:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by gardenmom32210:
Is this what you are looking for?

liriope

Karen [grin]

Yes, Karen, I think that's it. The link you gave me says "Liriope is available in several varieties including some with white and yellow variegation." Does that mean some of it is striped like the ribbon grass? Sorry, y'all, I know I ask dumb questions sometimes. But, I'm learning, I promise! [Embarrassed]

Thanks, Bill. I had looked at that but, sometimes, I'm like a Kindergartener & can learn better from pictures, LOL [Big Grin]

-
by gardenmom32210 on August 18, 2004 07:16 PM
I use the green and white variety all the time in my landscaping. Its really versatile and holds up quite well!

Karen [grin]
by Sami on August 18, 2004 11:04 PM
Cool! That's exactly what I want! Thanks so much! [flower]

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Ribbit?| Next thread: rice and corn »
Back to Thread index