The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Anyone interested in making Bisquick?

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by tkhooper on April 07, 2006 11:51 PM
I have a recipe for making Bisquick if anyone is interested I'll post it.

-
 -
by netty on April 08, 2006 05:40 AM
Hi TK [wavey]
I'd like to see that recipe!!

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2006 09:19 AM
Biscuit Master Baking Mix

For biscuits, pancakes, waffles, muffins, gingerbread, cookies, cakes and lots of other good things.

9 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk solids
2 cups shortening (which does not
require refrigeration)

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar and sugar three times. Add dry milk. Mix well. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until mixture looks like cornmeal. Store in covered container at room temperature.
NOTE: To measure the Master Baking Mix, pile it lightly into cup and level off with a table knife.

So far I've used it to make drop biscuits and an Italian bake. In both cases it was very good. Would you like the recipes I have that use this bisquick?

-
 -
by netty on April 08, 2006 08:15 PM
Thanks TK [thumb]
Um...what exactly is a "nonfat dry milk solid"? [dunno]

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2006 08:38 PM
dry milk. you find it where the salt sugar and other baking goods are at the grocery store. At least that's where it is usually located. It's dehydrated milk and it's had all the fat removed as well.

-
 -
by netty on April 08, 2006 08:52 PM
I have skim milk powder...is that a nonfat dry milk solid? [dunno] As you can tell, I'm not the best baker...maybe I should stick with bisquick [Big Grin]

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2006 08:57 PM
skim milk powder is just fine for this recipe. Your doing great. Do you want the recipes that you can make with it? I'm sure you have some off of the bisquick box. I've found the ones I've tried to be very good so far. I made the italian bake last night and it was yummy.

-
 -
by Eveinnv on July 14, 2006 12:36 PM
tkhooper, would love to see recipes for using your special mix. Have been trying to find recipes.

The mix will be great timesaver. Love the Impossible Coconut Pie.

Thanks,

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: