The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

rice with seeds?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: rice and corn| Next thread: RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE »
Back to Thread index
by kennyso on August 12, 2006 08:44 AM
I rad a while back to put a few grains of rice into your salt (I sewed a square 1"x1" make a small bean bag and filled it with rice) to help draw out moisture and to keep your salt dry (salt attracts moisture). Now my question is, can I (without the small bag) put come rice into my seed packets when I am storing them and take them ou before I send them to people? I think this might work best with bigger seeds like nasturtiums and swet peas and extremely small seeds like snapdragons.

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on August 15, 2006 02:58 AM
I think before I did that I would do something like Triss does with her baby jars instead. But that's just me. Mucking about with rice just seems like it would be a pain lol. I'm in a very humid area down here in Virginia and I've never had a problem with the humidity and the seeds. Although I do get very lumpy salt & sugar lol. So I would say it probably isn't a problem for your seeds and not to worry about it. But if it makes you feel better it can't harm anything that I can think of.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: rice and corn| Next thread: RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: