The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

what kind of cactus is this?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: What is Zabrina?| Next thread: What kind of Flower or plant??? »
Back to Thread index
by Petra on September 22, 2006 03:30 AM
can anyone tell me what kind of cactus this is?

-
by mhuff on September 22, 2006 08:02 AM
I have one of those, too. It's not a cactus at all, it's an aloe. I'm not sure exactly what kind, but I think (at least from the tag mine came with) that it's a aloe ferox.

Melinda
by Petra on September 26, 2006 10:40 PM
cool! thanx for the reply [Big Grin] and you are right, it is an aloe ferox [Big Grin]

do you have any suggestions on how to take care of it? i'm in chicagoland area so i can not plant it outside. besides, it is tiny right now and sitting on my computer at work. anything i should know? i couldn't find any real information on it except that it's good for a rock garden and good for medicinal purposes... all i want to do is to grow it well and hopefully not have it grow too big, like those huge ones in the gardens...
by mhuff on September 27, 2006 04:43 AM
I can't plant mine outside where I am either and mine's pretty small right now, too. I just have it in a small pot (~ 4 in.)potted with cacti and succulent soil. Just water when the soil is dry, and give it plenty of sunshine, and it should be happy.

It's supposed to be a tree aloe, and will get pretty big if given the room to grow and the right conditions. I think, (but could be wrong) that if you leave it in a smaller pot that it won't get as big as fast.

Hopefully someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong. There are a lot of people who are WAY more knowledgable than I am....aloes are a new addiction for me.

Melinda

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: What is Zabrina?| Next thread: What kind of Flower or plant??? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: