The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Heeled in trees...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Hedychium Ginger| Next thread: heirloom tomatoes »
Back to Thread index
by Meg on June 05, 2005 05:31 AM
ADF says if you can't plant them right away, to at least heel them in. I kinda did that.. I put the 10 free trees in the end row of my veggie bed, when it wasn't being used yet.. and covered the roots well with compost. Well, of course, some have started filling out. Do I have to leave these here now, till they go dormant again, or can they be moved? The way they are now, as you can probably see, the ones that are getting leaves, are pointing UP, while the trees are laying down.
 -

[dunno] Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by pcgrav on June 05, 2005 07:55 AM
Move them to where you want them... I just transplanted a popcorntree that was about 5 feet tall that my neighbor gave me. Its doing great so far... so you shouldn't have any trouble out of those just be sure to give them a good drink of water when you move them to their new home...

I also heeled in a couple of RoS about a month or so ago, they stayed in their temporary spot for a few weeks and had lots of new growth on them and I moved them and they are perfectly happy in their new spot! Good Luck...

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hedychium Ginger| Next thread: heirloom tomatoes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: