The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

After first bath

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by TulsaRose on July 05, 2006 11:24 PM
Before I thought to run in the house for the camera, I was entertained for a few minutes watching this juvie Cardinal having his first bath. I don't think that was his intention but he fell in and decided to splash around for awhile then flew up into a nearby Rose of Sharon. By the time I got the camera, he was busy drying out and preening. If you look closely, you can see the beginning of his black mask...

-

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by loz on July 06, 2006 12:13 AM
What a neat pic, I just love cardinals. [thumb]
by Thornius on July 06, 2006 04:16 AM
I have several pairs of adult Cardinals in my yard but surprisingly have never seen a juvy.

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by TulsaRose on July 06, 2006 08:53 AM
I have been very fortunate this year to have Robins, Cardinals, Mockingbirds and Brown Thrashers hatch and fledge in the backyard shrubs and trees. Throw in the baby Bunnies and Squirrels and I feel like ol' Mother Nature herself. [Big Grin]

I have a series of pix of Mama Robin building a nest, then the blue eggs, then the babies, etc. And one really good picture of ticked-off Mama just before she hit me right in the face as I was taking pix. Caught this shot just in time and luckily, she hit the camera and not me. This was the only time she had been aggressive and I guess it was because it was the first day all the babies fledged.
 -

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by loz on July 06, 2006 09:10 AM
Wow what a picture!!! She even looks mean!!!! She means business! [thumb]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: