The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

About Peppers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: ? about making jam... peach| Next thread: ? about robin nests »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on August 03, 2006 06:25 AM
The Boldog Hungarian Spice Peppers are huge. So I'm thinking...would they make good stuffing peppers?

And my other question is, should i pinch back the peppers when they are young to produce more branches? Mine were all more tall than full this year.

Thanks for the help. I'd still be calling myself a brown thumb if it weren't for you all.

-
 -
by Triss on August 03, 2006 06:59 AM
Tammy, I do pinch my peppers if they are looking more tall than full. Seems to help them fill out some!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Thornius on August 03, 2006 07:34 AM
I LOVE peppers more than peppereater does! I have NO romm for vegetables here, but my brother-in-law has a small farm 30 miles from me and grows tons of peppers. He likes peppers more than me! Each year he brings me a bushel each of banana peppers, bell peppers, and Cayenne. It's the Cayenne I be loving, Aaaargh!

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by tkhooper on August 03, 2006 09:27 AM
Thanks for the info Triss,

And Thornius, I still can't manage Cayenne peppers. Although alittle Cayenne powder is good in some recipes.

I'm just wondering about a different hor de dor I can serve at some of our church functions. I hate getting stuck just making one thing over and over.

-
 -
by pagarden on August 03, 2006 04:21 PM
am i the only one growing habaneros??? actually i can't eat them- too hot. but i'm growing them for my deer preventive! LOL i should try cayenne next year. i'm guessing i could just hang them up somewhere and let em dry out then somehow grind them up. would be cheaper then buying it bottled! hmm.....
by Thornius on August 03, 2006 06:11 PM
I don't grow habaneros.....but I EAT them [Mad] [devil] [Mad] or at least sauces made from them. You ever try to eat even a tiny piece of an ACTUAL Habanero? MAN!!!!!

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by pagarden on August 04, 2006 03:19 AM
yea, my dad grew them a few years back and gave me some- yuo- too hot for me. maybe a sliver of some on a salsa i can handle but the whole thing- no way. it sure keeps the deers away though! [thumb]
by Triss on August 04, 2006 04:56 AM
I think they are great!!! Not growing them this year, but plan to next year. We put slivers of them in out salsa and in our omlettes. Gives a nice flavor and a LOT of heat! [grin]

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: ? about making jam... peach| Next thread: ? about robin nests »
Back to Thread index