The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

hot pepper

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Hot Mocker| Next thread: Hot Pepper ??? »
Back to Thread index
by rachel1964 on February 06, 2006 02:56 AM
looking for a hot pepper that is yellow then gets purple streaks is a thia type and is extra hot can anyone help find this kind have looked on the net and in all my gardening books and catalogs but can't find it, it is a hybrid this is the register #pi497985

rachel
by DeepCreekLake on February 06, 2006 03:50 AM
Did you check Johnny Seeds? www.johnnyseeds.com They have alot ofvarieties including some odd hot peppers. Dont know if the picture below is what you are looking for or not, its listed under ornamental peppers (but edible) Its called a Numex Twilight -Item number 2311. Johnnys is a very reputable company, my sis in law orders from them every year, and said there seeds are the best she uses with the best germination rates.  -
by comfrey on February 06, 2006 05:27 AM
I'm looking for one that has the same color as your picture DeepCreek, but the peppers are round starting out as deep purple then changing to all colors before finally turning to red. The bloom on the one I am looking for is white with a purple edge and the foliage on this small (short) plant has purple tinges to the green. This is a mild hot pepper and I had kept seed going for quite a few years, but the old seed that is left is no good now. I contacted the company I bought it originally from and said they don't have and could be of no help locating it. In thier catalog it was called "Purple Sparkler" which I don't think was the correct name, just the name they had given it.

-
 -
by DeepCreekLake on February 06, 2006 05:48 AM
I think the one your talking about is call Marbles, they are round and look like marbles, in different colors then turn red.
Check Johnnyseeds, I think I seen them there or territorial seeds www.territorialseed.com. Item number YPP688 on territorialseed.com

It could also be ones called "Pretty In Purple" which looks like this:
 -

Jonny seeds has those item number 560

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hot Mocker| Next thread: Hot Pepper ??? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: