The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Harvest Art Challenge...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by mater sandwich on June 20, 2006 07:53 AM
I had a small harvest today. First beans and maters of the season. HOOOOORAAAAAHHH!

After eating the first of the 4 Principe Borghese I harvested, I couldn't resist acting one fourth my age and make this 'arrangement'. (Come to think of it....I watched the newest Jack Black movie 'Nacho Libre' last night and have been a little nutty since.) [nutz]
It consists of Royal Burgundy and Roma II bush beans, False Alarm (hybrid) Jalapeno peppers, and Principe Borghese tomatoes.

Notice he is smiling and has a gleam in his eyes. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

So I started off simple. This should be easy to top. Who is up for the challenge?

-

-
[thinker]
I think I had better weed my garden before I take anymore pictures....

Some days there is more laughter than others....Just depends on what/who you focus on....
by johnCT on June 20, 2006 08:42 AM
I hope to see brandywines as his eyes in a few weeks! [Big Grin]

Are those sungolds?

John - Zone 6
by eClaire on June 20, 2006 10:12 AM
its a masterpiece!!! [Smile]

Claire
by Rosepetal on June 20, 2006 11:14 AM
Hey Mator [thumb]

What a pleasure to see your veggies. [clappy] [clappy]

How about you lay your next set of veggies on that ground there and then take a picture and we could then all use it as a deck-top picture. [Cool]

Just a tho't! I love all those contrasting colors. [Smile]

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by mater sandwich on June 20, 2006 03:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by johnCT:
I hope to see brandywines as his eyes in a few weeks! [Big Grin]

Wow....I think I would have to make a cyclops or get a bigger bowl! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

They are suppose to be Principe Borghese tomatoes. This is my first time growing them and were supposed to have 2 inch fruits. They are all the size of quarters. I checked out the plants I had given my neighbors and they are the same size. [dunno]

eClaire.... [Big Grin]

Rosepetal....Thanks, I'll see what I can do. [thumb]

Some days there is more laughter than others....Just depends on what/who you focus on....
by Stuspot on June 21, 2006 10:46 AM
Aw. That's so cute. I will try to do something clever to compete, once I have something to harvest. You've got me thinking now.
by Sorellina on June 22, 2006 04:25 AM
Ciao Mater,

Yes, those are Principe Borgheses. They should taste like a burst of tomato paste or pizza sauce in your mouth. They have a wonderful Italian flavour and they're famous for drying. In Italy, they take long trusses and hang them like peppers to dry in the sun. I recommend a dehydrator for North America, lol. It doesn't get hot or dry enough unless you're in the Southwest maybe.

Cute veggie smiley face!

Cheers,
Julianna

-
by penny in ontario on June 22, 2006 04:43 AM
Very Cute!!! [Big Grin] [thumb]

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: