The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Random Acts of Kindness :)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Ranch Beans| Next thread: Ranunculus »
Back to Thread index
by Marina on June 16, 2006 04:07 AM
As many of you know....most of my tomatoes and many other veggies were destroyed yesterday morning.

One of the landscaper assistance apparently felt so badly for me he went home and spoke to his wife who has many many veggies growing to feed their family. I just went outside and he and she were replacing the plants!!!! I couldn't believe it, it was so sweet I cried. They are much bigger and healthier then the ones I had. He apoligized in broken english that he didn't have watermelons, only the tomatoes and peppers....but the gesture is so sweet!!!! She gave me a huge hug and told me she would have been upset too. Apparently she had more take then usual and many were in containers, so she brought em over and while the rest of them were laying my neighbors patio they planted these beauties where the twigs and the such of the old plants were (I was a bit too depressed to clean up too much).

They left the one that might survive... but gave me a big beef, an organe pear (the one I was most upset about loosing), and several cherry tomatoes.

I didn't grow them myself, but I know this women put just as much love into them as I did. Sorry it was so darn sweet I had to share.

Marina [Wink]
by johnCT on June 16, 2006 04:20 AM
Glad to hear there are some really thoughtful people left in the world. What a nice gesture.

John - Zone 6
by chenno on June 16, 2006 04:41 AM
Marina

How wonderful!!! that touched my heart, I am glad for you and people who care and give are treasures.This was a nice thing to read, thanks for sharing!
May your garden bloom plentiful and bring you a smile every time you think of the kindness:-)
Angie

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by 'Sparagus on June 16, 2006 05:03 AM
Awwwww! That is awesome.

[flower]
by Marina on June 16, 2006 05:08 AM
Thanks guys [Smile] It was really a nice gesture. He wasn't even the guy who caused the damage, his wife told me that when she heard she couldn't just let it go.

Beyond sweet I hope to be able to do something nice for them one day!

Marina [Smile]
by Rosepetal on June 16, 2006 05:44 AM
Marina what a big heart some people have. Gives us reason to believe well of our fellow man.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Hope these new plants grow well.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by LandOfOz on June 16, 2006 07:15 AM
That is so sweet! I hope that they grow like crazy for you!

Sarah

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by tkhooper on June 17, 2006 03:20 AM
Now all you have to do is get down here so I can share some of the banana melons that I have in a container. Otherwise I'm going to have to many in there and some won't make it. I never can thin them out. I'm too tender hearted. But I'm real good at giving them away.

-
 -
by Marina on June 17, 2006 04:49 AM
Yum.... I have never seen a banana melon but I bet I would love to eat it [Smile]

Is that sort of like cantalope?
by Stuspot on June 18, 2006 03:50 AM
After seeing this story, I had to go back and find out what had happened. I'm so glad the landscaper's assistant and his wife took care of you in such a giving way. This story truly warmed my heart.
by Deborah L. on June 19, 2006 07:14 AM
What a nice thing of the lady to do.
I'm glad you're feeling better, Marina.

-
 -
by dodge on June 19, 2006 01:40 PM
Marina

Sad story with a happy ending......THe couple was a blessing to you......Enjoy, and pass on the favor someother way.

Dodge [Love]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Ranch Beans| Next thread: Ranunculus »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: