The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Is it to late to plant again?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by n00bGardener on June 14, 2006 10:13 AM
Im interested in plantin more lettuce, I live in the Fraser Valley, British Columbia and some of my lettuce is ripe already and we use alot so Im not worried about it going to waste but I would like to plant so by them time Im done with this crop I will have more ready to go..
But not just for lettuce I would also like to replant some other stuff but I dont want to if its gonna be a waste.. We still have another good 3 months of good weather.

What is your opinions? thanks
by netty on June 14, 2006 10:18 AM
I always say it's never too late!! Especially if it is a fast growing crop like lettuce and radish.

-
 -
by johnCT on June 14, 2006 03:12 PM
I just sowed additional seed last weekend. If you get in the habit of sowing more seed every few weeks, you'll always have ready to eat greens. If your summers are really hot, the plants may suffer though. Maybe plant it where it will get shade at midday. Behind another crop or use some row cover to shade it. Here's my lettuce patch a couple weeks ago...Jeanne, Black-seeded simpson and New red fire

-

John - Zone 6
by n00bGardener on June 17, 2006 10:27 AM
Im totally gonna do that, Im glad I asked, thanks everyone
by dodge on June 17, 2006 02:37 PM
You can still plant lettuce, I did 2 weeks ago.. it is a cold weather crop, I do more than one planting...........You can do it clear up to frost .....But in the hot summer it doesnt germinate well......

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by Danno on June 18, 2006 02:30 AM
lol i just planted in some more green beans today [Smile] And here it is the middle of june!
by dodge on June 18, 2006 03:19 AM
Very good.

i didnt even put in my cukes yet.. After 4th of july is best for them..

Try anything .....Its a free country..So far..

;o)
good luck

[muggs]
dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: