The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Is it too late..

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Is it to late to plant again?| Next thread: is it too late?? »
Back to Thread index
by Meg on July 28, 2004 04:21 PM
to plant pumpkins again?

Ok, so my pumpkin plants are really going kaput, and I'll have to get the pumpkins off right soon, else they will likely go bye bye too. They are orange already, and it's only July. I highly doubt they will still be around in October, when the kiddos would like to have them. Soooo.. I was thinking of starting over, in a different location, a new small patch, and hopefully learn from my mistakes the first time around. I'm in zone 6/7 (right on the cusp of either), so whaddya think? Phil, Raye, anyone?

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by Pineapple_Raye on July 28, 2004 05:27 PM
pumpkins in 90 days?? I don't know. Try finding a super fast growing plant. Or try your garden centers to see if they have one that is mature enough to fruit in time.
by Meg on July 28, 2004 07:13 PM
But Raye, when I planted my first ones, it was done Mother's day weekend, mid May. It's mid July, and my pumpkins are already orange. If'n I'm countin right, that's only about 60 days. [dunno] Just wondering, if I have seeds in the ground by the end of the month, will it be too late since we'll be hitting Autumn a month later. Only been here 2 years, but we seem to have warm days thru September, and sometimes in October even. Of course, that varies..

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by just gladys on July 28, 2004 07:24 PM
Go for it......and see what happens! I love to experiment! A friend of mine has tried to grow those gigantic pumpkins and she paid $5 for a seed. She never won a contest, but they had great jack-o-lanterns! Halloween! My favorite time of year! Good luck! Bet you get some before it's all said and done!

Gladys

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Is it to late to plant again?| Next thread: is it too late?? »
Back to Thread index