The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Red lily beetle or...?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Red Hot Sally, not so hot..| Next thread: red mites »
Back to Thread index
by MaryReboakly on July 19, 2005 01:24 PM
I've got these little red bugs - they look kind of like red lily beetles, but they have spots on them. Not a ladybug, they're more rectangular-ish. And, they're not on my lilies! They're hanging out behind my shed, on some weeds, and nearby the spearmint. I don't see them munching, just hopping around when I walk by and disturb them. Wish I could get a picture - but they're too small and my camera won't focus well enough. Any thoughts?

-
 -
by weezie13 on August 17, 2005 09:40 PM
Mary,
Did you ever get a picture of that bug???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by MaryReboakly on August 17, 2005 11:06 PM
Geesh I forgot about this thread - sorry, Weezie, if I don't leave breadcrumbs, I can't find my way back! [Big Grin]

I actually figured out from lots of picture searching, that they were stink bug nymphs. At least that's what I think they were. Suddenly they were gone, and I started noticing more stink bugs. Unless the stink bugs were natural predators and had a big meal [Wink] If you notice the one on the far left, that's black & red, that's pretty much what they looked like.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Red Hot Sally, not so hot..| Next thread: red mites »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: