The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

red mites

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Red lily beetle or...?| Next thread: red or burgundy wine »
Back to Thread index
by esor105 on June 26, 2004 09:44 PM
Help, I can't stand to go outside as I get eat-up by these tiny red mites. They are so small that you can't hardly see them ,but bite bad.I have flowers there around the house foundation and a pine tree is nearby. Any advise?
by plantlady19 on June 30, 2004 08:47 PM
I don't think they are mites. I think what you are describing is what we in Kentucky call "chiggers". [devil] They are tiny little red insects that live on plants and wait for a hapless, warm blooded creature, like yourself, to stroll by and brush against their plant. However, if these insects are flying, then I have no idea. [dunno] I'd suggest spraying on some insect repellent before frolicking outdoors. And if you don't like the smell of traditional repellent Avon makes an insect repellent that not only works but smells great and doubles as sunscreen. [thumb]

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.
by Sami on June 30, 2004 11:13 PM
Yep, we call them chiggers or redbugs. You can barely see them, but I don't know about the flying, either.

I use that Avon Skin-So-Soft moisturizing suncare lotion on my daughter (she's 2 & has sensitive skin). This is the one with the sunscreen in it. And, I've used the Skin-So-Soft bath oil. Both are supposed to repel insects like fleas & mosquitos.

-
Talentless but connected.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Red lily beetle or...?| Next thread: red or burgundy wine »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: