The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

help from any welders

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: help for my peppers| Next thread: help from the pros? »
Back to Thread index
by Txgurlcop on January 16, 2006 06:35 AM
i didn't know where else to post this so here goes. i use found/recycled stuff in my yard/garden
and i have some metal pieces that i want to "weld" together, but i can't weld and hubby is out of town for a while, so can i use jb weld to hold them together?
Txgurlcop

Not all the coffee in Columbia can make me a morning person.
by Amigatec on January 16, 2006 07:16 AM
JB Weld is not very strong. You may have better luck drilling holes and bolting this stuff together.

Also depending on the kind of welder you have access to some types of welders are real easy to learn. Like MIG or wire welders, with one of these I can have you welding in less than 10 minutes.

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by tkhooper on January 16, 2006 07:41 AM
I had a class at work once about the subject. The only thing I remember is you have to weld like materials together. Like iron to iron and that type of thing otherwise the weld will be a weak point in the structure.

-
 -
by Txgurlcop on January 16, 2006 07:51 AM
thanks guys, i'll try the bolting thing. we'll see, i also know my way of dealing with metal, i need more band aids... he he he if that doesn't work i'll wait on hubby to get home and have all the stuff piled up in front of where he parks.
Txgurlcop

by jonni13 on January 16, 2006 07:53 AM
Good idea. That would get his attention.
~Tina

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog
by dan@modernblacksmith on February 04, 2006 04:34 AM
get soft mechanics wire from the hardware store, it works great for binding things together, and it's very easy to work with, (as it's been annealed to make it soft).

http://www.modernblacksmith.com
by Txgurlcop on February 04, 2006 11:21 PM
okay, well putting the stuff in the way, in the area he parks failed miserably. [tears] so i'll try the mechanics wire. what i'm trying to do is make sunflowers from rebar and a farm implement that looks kinda like a throwing star(i totally forgot the name of it) its put on a tractor to drag and break up the ground. duh, i'm so forgetful, but they are adorable. i shouldn't be to hard on dh, he's got his hands full, works 12 hr shifts and on his days off he works in LA doing debri removal so i guess i'll cut him some slack. but thanks for the suggestions and i'll keep trying.
Txgurlcop

by Amigatec on February 05, 2006 02:28 AM
Is this what you are talking about?

-
Rotary Hoe

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by Txgurlcop on February 06, 2006 10:22 AM
amigatec, yeppers thats what i'm talking about, and as soon as i saw the pic i remembered the name. duh, brain blip. thanks!
Txgurlcop

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: help for my peppers| Next thread: help from the pros? »
Back to Thread index