The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

hibiscus help!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Hibiscus Growth| Next thread: Hibiscus Help? »
Back to Thread index
by VM on April 22, 2005 09:51 PM
Hi, I have a large potted hibiscus plant. It bloomed with lovely red flowers the first year I bought it but has never bloomed after that. It needs lots of water as the leaves become limp in 2-3 days and revive with watering. The plant is growing well and needs cutting back every year altho some leaves regularly dry up and fall off. Nary a bud tho. Any ideas how to make this fellow flower?
Thanks
V
by phoenix on April 22, 2005 10:02 PM
[wayey] vm. welcome!!
i'm not too positive, but maybe a little fertilizer would help to promote some blooming.

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by SN on April 23, 2005 12:58 AM
What I learned about hibiscus plants is that you need to cut off much of the new leaf growth every spring if you want them to bloom.

Welcome!

Boston is a great town.

[wayey]

-
 -
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony... ~Mahatma Gandhi

Rocking through the night
All is silent...Southern Cross

by tkhooper on April 23, 2005 01:20 AM
HI

[wayey]

-
 -
by JV on April 23, 2005 01:53 AM
phoenix is right you need some good fertilizer I am organic so you can guess what I use on my Hibiscus. I over wintered 28 in the house all have done well. My Luna Blush and Luna Red I planted in the ground are coming back real nice. I do not cut back the Hibiscus I brought in the house. Make sure you don't over water. Duckie sent me some Manhot Sweet Yellow seeds they are doing great as is my Adkins white and Ros seedlings. I fertilize in spring and in fall. Living in Texas have to watch the water close so as not to over or under water. Hope this helps.
Jimmy [flower]

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by loz on April 23, 2005 02:59 AM
Welcome to the forum VM!!!! Very nice to have you here......I'm going to go ahead and move this post to the plants and flowers topic okay?

Laura [wayey]

Here's an old topic link for you to look at.
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/cgi-bin/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/34/48.html?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hibiscus Growth| Next thread: Hibiscus Help? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: