The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hungarian Peppers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Hummingbirds| Next thread: Hungarian peppers »
Back to Thread index
by Shani on August 26, 2005 11:49 AM
If I bring my pepper plants in, will they continue to grow new peppers all year long?

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
by PAR_Gardener on August 27, 2005 09:37 PM
Shani,

Peppers are perennials, so if they are in a pot, you can just bring the pot inside. If your peppers are in the ground, you can dig them up and pot them. I've done this a couple of times, with some success. I have two pepper plants on my patio from last year. I didn't think they were going to make it because they got spider mites, and white fly over the winter, but they recovered just fine, and are bearing quite well.

Peppers like heat, so if your home is too cold, they may not flower. If you do get them to flower, you will have to pollinate by hand or turn a fan on to blow the flowers around for pollination. Any fruit you get is probably going to be smaller than what you get over the summer, but it's fun to try.

Once it really warms up in late spring, you can bring them back outside and get a head start on the pepper growing season.

Good luck.

Composting is more than good for your garden. It's a way of life.
by Shani on September 03, 2005 02:03 PM
Thanks, I guess this means I should make sure they come in at night now that its dropping consistently to around 10C/50F at night.

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hummingbirds| Next thread: Hungarian peppers »
Back to Thread index