The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

hi everyone! peace lilly question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Hi Everybody| Next thread: Hi from Long Island New York »
Back to Thread index
by abe on October 25, 2005 12:29 AM
hi everyone! I have an indoor peace lilly i recieved in may after a funeral. I was wanting to know about repotting. I know some plants like the roots to be in close quarters, but is this plant the same way? (i.e. some plants thrive and grow better when the roots are in smaller pots)
and if this plant is not that way, how often should it be replanted, because mine is stillin the pot and such that i recieved it in.
by loz on October 25, 2005 12:45 AM
Abe it's Laura again!!!! Just wanted you to know I'm moving this post to the houseplant section with your other question!!!!

Hope you love it here as much as we all do!
by barleychown on October 25, 2005 01:40 AM
I have mine (4 total) in pots with no drain holes...and I do not repot very often. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years...

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by Jiffymouse on October 26, 2005 11:03 AM
they prefer good drainage (barley is good with her plants [kissies] right barley?) and to be a little on the root bound side. bright, indirect light, water when the soil is dry to the first knuckle of your finger. and when the blooms fade, you can cut them off at the bottom of the bloom's stem.
by Will Creed on October 27, 2005 09:04 AM
Abe,

Keep it tightly potted. This will increase its chances of flowering as recently repotted peace lilies typically don't bloom for a while after they are repotted.

There is not harm in keeping it potbound as long as you are able to water it frequently enough to keep it from wilting.

When properly potted, most peace lilies will need water when the surface of the soil starts to dry.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Hi Everybody| Next thread: Hi from Long Island New York »
Back to Thread index