The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Hi Everybody

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Ivy9 on April 19, 2006 11:48 PM
Hi,
I don't know whether I am posting in the right section or not!
I have a few exciting things to share with you because everybody was so helpful.
I will start with my houseplants.
My pink AV in the bathroom is blooming!! It has several tiny buds coming up so I expect a lot flowers for a loooong time. The purple one isn't blooming but it is still small and healthy.
The polka dots that I bought from Walmart are growing very well I may need to pot them up!

Kalanchoe is still beutiful peach color and bloomed throughtout the winter and still going

I got 2 cute baskets for herbs in my kitchen. One has greek oregano and spearmint and one has Cilantro. Rosemary and regular oregano are in separate containers.

In my balcany on the north side i recently got red and green pepper plants. Creeping phlox is hanging over a pot and there is also dianthus in a pot. The whole area looks very good with flowers and veggie plants [Smile]
I almost finished shopping for my shade garden. last yr I removed a lot of fern and hostas not knowing what they are [nutz] because they were all over the place!!! Anyway i am lucky that 2 hostas are still there and a fern so I will dig them out and plant them in planned location. I planted daylilied in Aug last yr and they died but I checked yday, they are coming up [thumb]
I got lenten rose yesterday. So now... tomaorrow I have a day off and I am going to work on a small area in the shade [Smile] I will post pics tom.

Thanks to everybody and I hope I continue to get support from you
Cheers ( sorry for the looong post [Wink] )
by SpringFever on April 20, 2006 12:46 AM
Good Job Ivy [clappy] Hey where are the pics? [Eek!] [flower]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by Ivy9 on April 20, 2006 01:17 AM
tomorrow ! I will plant everthing if the weather permits
by joclyn on April 20, 2006 01:34 AM
congrats!! it's the best feeling when all the hard work starts paying off!!!!!

post some pics if you can - i'd love to see how things look!!
by porter57 on April 21, 2006 09:57 AM
i know how ya feel
i bought a couple bleeding hearts to go along with the two i already have from an ace hardware
here and when i planted them or should i say when i opened the bag and searched for the plant inside the bag i was pretty dismayed.both bleeding hearts and one hosta (all i bought that day) were nothing more then roots,no crowns,no way to even tell up from down. i was poking around in my shade garden and guess what?
i found one of the bleeding hearts about 7 inches tall. no sign of the other bleeding heart
or the hosta yet but i still have hope.
i really didnt think id find a bit of any of those plants!!!
kinda makes me happy!
now if my caladiums which i admit i planted early show up,ill be real happy.
growing stuff is cool
especially if it aint food
but food is good
but i cant grow food
with all the shade
i got
but shade is really
cool
id better quit now as im
starting to
ramble

mike
by tkhooper on April 22, 2006 01:16 AM
Caladiums take a good long time to show up but once they get going they are ok for many months. I had some last year and although they aren't the plant for me they did well. I just don't handle plants that have to be dug up and stored during their dormant periods. I'll know better next time I go looking for houseplants lol.

Ivy Look forward to seeing you pictures.

-
 -
by Ivy9 on April 28, 2006 06:40 AM

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: