The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Money Tree Isn't growing properly

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Money Tree Care| Next thread: Money tree leaves dying? »
Back to Thread index
by Darren on June 21, 2005 03:57 AM
Hello,

I'm very new to this and and by no means an avid garnder, however I have a fantastic money tree (Pachira) who i've grown very attached to.

My tree is apporx 6ft tall and goes through phases of loosing its leaves (I think i've rectofied that problem). One of its braided trunks appears to have died (i think!), the tip of it is like a stick and dry (see attached).

Is there anything I can do?

Any one's help would be greatly appreciated.

Darren
by Darren on June 21, 2005 04:01 AM
I can't attach the photo :-(
by weezie13 on June 21, 2005 04:17 AM
Darren,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum,
we're very glad you found us!!!

Two things, here's how to post a photo,
If you go to one of these sites, *and there is other's too, just can't remember the names*....

WebShots
PhotoBucket
Imagestation

It's FREE to download your pictures too....
Then you can attach the URL from the place you choose, copy and paste the URL, then click on the IMAGE botton, and insert the URL into there.
*there will be a highlighted blue http:/ thing there, either delete it or click your backspace button to get rid of it

I hope this helps..

P/S There's some other gardener's that do use pictures alot and maybe able to help you alot better than I did, Afgreyparrot/Cindy, Meg, Loz, Jiffy, G~mom, Plants~n~Pots, Carly....tons of them know how and can give you a hand if you need it....
P/S/S I use Photobucket myself, and it's very user friendly!!!

And the second thing is, I"m going to move your post down into the HOUSE PLANT SECTION,
and I'm sure you'll get a much better response down there...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Nako on June 21, 2005 05:23 AM
Hi!
Lets seeeeee, what i do to keep mine from not dying is i water it when it gets dry, and it only seems to wana live in this one spot in my house. Its the equivlant of putting it in full sun, then putting a bush in front of it so it doesn't get the full sun, but it gets some of it :donno:
In other words, i have mine in a window with no direct sun lol. What kinda conditions is your money tree in?

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Darren on July 05, 2005 08:16 PM
hello...

thanks for the advice about uploading pics.

I've now moved my tree back to his original spot (right by the window) and he seems to be doing just fine. He's not loosing leaves and is growing very large indeed!

I still have 2 concerns:

1) He might get too big and be too large for my flat - can I prune him? if so, what's the best way?

2) His pot looks too small for him but I'm afraid to tamper with him (he's quite volotile) - what do you reckon?

Thanks everyone...

D.
by Nako on July 05, 2005 11:08 PM
Hi!
Yep you can prune it ^.^ Just pick a spot that looks like a good pruning point *normally above a node is a good spot* and ya, make a clean sharp cut. As for repotting, just pull it out, put it in a slightly larger pot, and fill it with loose soil. don't pack it down. they don't like their roots packed ^.^

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Torby on July 24, 2005 10:03 AM
Hmm. I have that trouble with money trees too. No money... [dunno]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Money Tree Care| Next thread: Money tree leaves dying? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: