The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

growing Jade plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Growing in water alone| Next thread: growing lettuce indoors »
Back to Thread index
by newlife on June 06, 2005 07:34 PM
I am attempting to grow new Jade plants from leaves- I am failng miserably. I had half a dozen leaves which all shriveled up and died after a few weeks. I have 2 left, One is shriveling up ready to die, and the other one appears to be growing but very very slowly,the leaves are also very puny and weak looking. It has been several months and I seem to be getting no where. Are thier any tips or tricks to growing Jade plants from leaves?
by tkhooper on June 06, 2005 08:29 PM
Are you letting them scar first before you stick them in the soil?
by Nako on June 07, 2005 04:47 AM
whatcha should do is this
take ur leaves and put them on top of moist soil. On top of; not in. I've never had success with growing jades from leaves stuck in soil personally >.o

But ya, keep the area kinda humid. The soil doesn't have to be wet, but the area around the leave should be humid and have lotsa light. Eventually you should see a bump on the end of the leaves and stuff like that ^.^ I have about 20 or so leaves just hanging around from my minijade. You can probably see them if you take a look at my webshots and search for my philodendron monstera from this year [Smile]

Good luck!
Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by mike57 on June 07, 2005 05:08 AM
HI [wayey] heres a link on how to grow jade plants from the leaves.
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/jade.html
this will tell you what you need to know on how to get them started also use rooting hormone when you place them in the soil.hope this helps.your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Growing in water alone| Next thread: growing lettuce indoors »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: