The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Paece plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: paddle plant ?| Next thread: PAGING WIEZZIEL!!!! »
Back to Thread index
by Duke on January 19, 2006 12:30 AM
Well I have been trying to repair a peace lily that had root rot and moldy soil I have tried everything i trimmed all dead root repotted and am still getting burnt tips on all new growth is there any hope that this plant will be healthy again?I need serious help PLEASE!!!!!!!
by barleychown on January 19, 2006 12:48 AM
Does the water you have been watering it with contain chlorine?

Have you fertilized it? It could be fertilizer burn...

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by DowntoEarth on January 19, 2006 01:47 PM
[Wink]
The best thing you can try to do now for your peace lily to help it survive is use a "small" pot, one that's only an inch bigger than the very bottom of the stem with good draining soil.

water well, then let the top inch or half inch become close to dry before watering. Don't let it sit in any of the drained water.You should get some new roots if you truly got rid of all the rot. Let the plant get on the rootbound side.

Watered correctly with the right light (bright indirect) you should see new growth soon, new roots and leaves and less brown tips as it grows, but, you might always see a couple if you use hard-water or don't water correctly.

Don't fertilize in the winter and only very small amounts when you do each month.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: paddle plant ?| Next thread: PAGING WIEZZIEL!!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: