The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

jade plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Jade Plant| Next thread: Jade Plant »
Back to Thread index
by u4oria on October 31, 2004 03:19 PM
I have replanted a jade I have because there were like 21 stems in one little container .Now there is a thin mold like substanceon top of the soil, that I remove daily from them . What can I do to stop this problem . One plant, I know one has too much water,but the others are all in well drained containers.And I didn't give them very much water.Can anyone help me?
by papito on October 31, 2004 04:42 PM
Please check this link List of Toxic Plants

-
 -

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.
by Will Creed on November 01, 2004 05:27 AM
The soil that you added was contaminated with mold spores. Keeping the soil too moist may also be contributing to the mold growth.

I suggest that you undo your up-potting, which I am quite sure was unnecessary, remove the soil you added, and put the plant back in its original pot. Having your Jade in a small pot will help prevent overwatering because small pots do not retain as much moisture. Jades have small, fine root systems and belong in very small pots.

More plant problems begin with unnecessary repotting than with any other cause. Resist the urge to repot!!
by u4oria on November 04, 2004 02:05 AM
thank you I hope i didn't cause damage .I used soil I had just purchased. It had never been opened .I guess that was bad soil .thanks for all your advice.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Jade Plant| Next thread: Jade Plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: