The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Re-Rooting Ivy

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Re-potting for winter| Next thread: Re-seeding »
Back to Thread index
by ShannonM022 on September 08, 2004 06:14 PM
I just clipped a piece of light green and white speckled ivy. And I want to re-root it and pot it. Well I have never done this before and I read I just pull a couple of leafs off the steam and leave it in water for 2-3 weeks in the window with sun. Am I doing this right?
Thanks.
by Shani on September 10, 2004 06:02 AM
Just a small sampling of the plant is all you need to grow a new one and just in water works. When I was home a few weeks ago I found one That my mom had split along time ago and it was still growing out of a cup of water, the vine was about three feet long.

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
by ShannonM022 on September 15, 2004 07:52 PM
Thanks, my ivy has been in water for almost 2 weeks now and it hasnt done anything. So Im still waiting.
by ShannonM022 on September 27, 2004 09:14 PM
It has finally starting growing roots. How long do I need to wait before potting it?
by mich168 on September 30, 2004 07:13 AM
let it get several roots then pot. Most ivy's will do well with min. roots to start.

-
 -
by ShannonM022 on October 01, 2004 05:04 PM
Thanks, right now there are two good size roots coming in and one itty bitty baby one. I will wait a bit longer to let them get bigger. [Smile]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Re-potting for winter| Next thread: Re-seeding »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: