The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

English Ivy

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: English Ivy| Next thread: English Ivy »
Back to Thread index
by syl726 on May 22, 2004 01:28 PM
I purchased a 4" Ivy around December. It had gotten kind of busy in the middle with 2 long branches developing. I began watering about once every week some times every two weeks. Now it appears to be dying on me [Frown] Did I water too much?
by Nako on May 24, 2004 05:06 AM
I remember something about ivy's needing to be kept evenly moist. I've also read that you're supposed to water it gently in a pot with a drainhole until the water starts to come out of the hole at a continuous stream. after that, let the water drip out, and don't water again until the soil *looks* almost completely dry. They also need to be kinda humid. If they're dry, or dying or something like that, you can stick em around other ivys to raise the humidity.

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Will Creed on May 31, 2004 02:02 AM
Unless your ivy is in very strong light, then twice weekly watering is probably too often. Hedera ivies do not tolerate overwatering at all. In general, the surface of the soil should be bone dry before you water thoroughly.

Another reason it may be suffering is inadequate light. Hedera ivies need a lot of bright light; an east or north windowsill is best.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: English Ivy| Next thread: English Ivy »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: