The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

ID Help Requested (moved to Mystery Plants forum)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: ID Help Please| Next thread: ID needed on a pest »
Back to Thread index
by Lily of Shalott on September 01, 2006 09:13 AM
My family received a potted plant as a gift earlier in the summer; it appeared to be in the same container as when it was purchased, but the tag containing the plant name and care was no longer with it. I noticed the roots were growing out of the bottom, so we separated it and re-potted it into two pots last weekend. I took one of the plants with me to school and we left the other outside on our front porch (where it had been doing well the whole summer). I've noticed that mine is getting a bit sad-looking and I'm not sure whether it's because the plant is not getting enough sunlight or whether the roots were possibly damaged when we separated it. I have been watering it regularly, but as I don't know what type of plant it is, I may be over- or under-watering it.

I don't have a digital camera, so I can't post any pictures at the moment, but I'll try to describe the plant as best as I can. The plant is somewhat similar in shape to a weeping willow tree. It has many long branches that grow upward for an inch or so and then curve downward. The leaves are tiny (approx. 1/4 of an inch) and mostly arranged in pairs. The leaves are slightly darker green than the stems. I believe it also had very small flowers when we first got it, but I can't remember what colour they were. The plant overall seems to look a bit like an herb, actually.

Does anyone know what this plant might be? Thank you for your help!

Edit: I found out that there is a "Mystery Plant" forum, so I'll be moving this topic over there. I hope this didn't cause any inconvenience.
by weezie13 on September 05, 2006 11:55 AM
Up

Anyone?????

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by dodge on September 16, 2006 02:21 AM
Lily,

I am wondering if you have a spider plant?

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: ID Help Please| Next thread: ID needed on a pest »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: