The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Phoebe's Money Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by Apple on January 06, 2005 06:48 AM
Hi!
This is one plant that she's been having trouble with for a while. Hmmmmmmmmm could she be spending a lot of money, and be running out? [dunno]

Anyway, this plant is kept in the middle of a room that has one single soft white lightbulb in the middle of the ceiling without a cover on it. The window faces south and sun shines on the plant for about 2 or 3 hours of the day. I water this plant when it looks dry. It is about 70 degrees in the house, and there are several other plants around it to give it humidity, but they're arranged in such a way that it still receives pleanty of light.

Now, the problem is that it likes to grow a branch, lose all the leaves on it, then lose the branch, and then grow another branch, and just go on and on like that. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thank you!
-Chris
by Amy R. on January 07, 2005 06:32 PM
hi again Apple,
this is sort of silly, as i don't know anything about money trees(hmm, hope that's not a metaphor [Big Grin] ), but did you see the similar thread a few posts down? maybe that will help. hope it works out!
by Nako on January 10, 2005 08:02 PM
I donno, i've been having trouble with this plant since i got it over the summer >.< It used to be pretty with lotsa leaves, but now it just grows one stem, and drops the one before it... If i try to keep it on the dry side like it said in the earlier post, it loses all the leaves even faster, so i have to keep it wet, otherwise it won't keep enough leaves on it [Razz] I hate this plant lol. I should get a different one when i get back lol.

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: