The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Wandering Jews in artificial light??

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Walnut tree.......bark disease?| Next thread: Wanna Quick Recipes? »
Back to Thread index
by lilitu on January 09, 2005 12:45 AM
Hello everyone
I recently started a new job, and I am locked in an office with no windows, but the lights are always left on. I have a few very small Wandering Jews at home so i thought I'd bring one of them in the office, but i don't know how well it will do in the light. It's pretty bright, but it's not sun. Any suggestions besides peace lilies, snake plants or spider plants??
Thanks!!
by lizheaemma on January 09, 2005 01:12 AM
potho's
zz plant
chinese evergreen
by Jiffymouse on January 09, 2005 02:27 AM
i spent 6 1/2 years in a windowless office that had flourescents on about 12 hrs a day, 5 days a week. the plants i had that did well were:
aspidistra (not sure about the spelling but it is commonly called a "cast iron plant"
prayer plant
african violets
draceana marginata
peace lilly
schefflera

i also had a small jade that did ok, and is still growing at home, and i've been away from there almost a year now. in fact, all of the plants are doing ok here at the house, in varying amounts of light. the cast iron plant is outside though.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Walnut tree.......bark disease?| Next thread: Wanna Quick Recipes? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: