The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Moses-in-the-Cradle a.k.a Rhoeo

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: mosaic virus???| Next thread: Mosquito Fish »
Back to Thread index
by pcgrav on February 08, 2005 10:06 PM
Help... where can I find info on caring for this plant. It's beautiful when its healthy but I recently moved into a new home and even though I have large windows and have tried to place my plants in the proper lighting they seem to have started becoming spindly. This is a vine of sorts that has leaves about 2" long. The leaves are deep green on top and dark purple underneath when mature. It is a very tender plant, breaking easily. It will propagate from stem cuttings. I would like to find more info on this plant, where might I look??

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.
by obywan59 on February 09, 2005 12:12 AM
Here is a brief discussion of care for your moses-in-the-cradle. Are you fertilizing or watering more than they suggest? If not and the plant is getting plenty of light, maybe you should trim it to try to stimulate bushier growth.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by pcgrav on February 09, 2005 04:27 AM
Terry,
Thankyou, I think I found the problem... It wasn't the moving that has caused the problem. It's the new pot I put it in. No Drain holes.... :-( Any way-- off to repot! Thanks again... pcgrav

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.
by obywan59 on February 09, 2005 07:23 AM
No drain holes. That would do it. [thumb]

-
Terry

May the force be with you

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: mosaic virus???| Next thread: Mosquito Fish »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: