The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

NYC Calamondin Orange Leaves Falling Off

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Nuts!| Next thread: nyjer seed (niger,thistle seed) »
Back to Thread index
by CityPlant on February 10, 2005 09:48 PM
I bought a Calamondin orange plant (sp) about 2 weeks ago, and it was beautiful with both blossoms and oranges. Since I've had it it sheds leaves like crazy, the blossoms have died and hard little oranges keep falling off. Little blossoms are still growing though. I've watered it twice (careful not to overwater), and it gets indirect light. Is there anything else I can do or is it doomed to a slow death?
by obywan59 on February 10, 2005 10:00 PM
Probably a change in light levels induced the plant to go dormant. People actually induce dormancy intentionally in order to encourage a new flush of bloom. Your plant should be fine. The same thing happened with my key lime and now it's starting to shoot out new growth.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by weezie13 on February 10, 2005 11:34 PM
CityPlant,
Even buying a plant this time of year and taking it out of the environment it's used to and taking it out the door, into your car, and the drive home and taking it out of your car to go into your house can make it go into shock!!!!

And when being taken care of in a nursery environment, everythings the same, time to be fed, and how much, etc... then all of a sudden change on watering and food...

Maybe a wee~bit of time to get re~acclamated....

Weezie

P/S Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum by the way!!!
We're very glad you found us!!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by CityPlant on February 11, 2005 12:49 AM
Thank you for your replies! I have become obsessed with plants for my apartment in the last 2 weeks and doubled the number of them from 4 to 10. They add so much peace!

Thanks for making me feel at home. [Wink]
by Will Creed on February 11, 2005 02:33 AM
Your orange tree needs more light. Indirect light is not adequate. Move it to your sunniest windowsill - not easy to come by in this city!

Also, be sure that no more than the top half-inch of soil gets dry.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Nuts!| Next thread: nyjer seed (niger,thistle seed) »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: