The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Amaryllis

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Amaryllis| Next thread: Amaryllis »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on August 19, 2006 06:04 AM
Hi all,

I have seeds for these and I would like to give them out as presents to the ladies at my church. The question is how long does it take them to go from seeds to bulbs? What I would like to do is grow them until they are mature bulbs and then give them as gifts but I don't know how long it takes. Can anyone help me please?

-
 -
by TulsaRose on August 19, 2006 09:42 AM
Hey Tammy...are you a very patient person? [Wink] From what I've read in the past, it can take up to five years for Amaryllis to develop from seed to blooming size bulb, two to three years if started from a baby bulb from the mama plant. I hope someone else can give you more encouraging information.

I have a very large container with three huge bulbs in it that I will be repotting next month. I'm hoping there will be offsets so I can have more of these beauties. Two were my mom's so I really baby them. [Smile]

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by Pekemom on August 19, 2006 03:40 PM
Amaryllis are such beautiful plants. A friend of mine from Germany, spent half the year here in Florida. when her greyhound passed away, she planted an Amaryllis in her memory, here at her Florida home. It blooms abundantly each year! Amaryllis will always remind me of my friend and her dog!

-
 -  -  -  -  -
Pekemom's Gallery
by tkhooper on August 20, 2006 01:56 AM
Thanks for the information. That is a long time. What I was hoping to do was start the seeds and give away the bulbs as gifts. I guess I better wait until I get to where ever I end up moving. Don't want to have 20 or 30 starter pots of soil to baby as I move lol.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Amaryllis| Next thread: Amaryllis »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: