The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Norfolk Pine Rant!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Norfolk pine| Next thread: Norfolk Pines »
Back to Thread index
by plantlady19 on February 09, 2005 08:20 PM
This isn't so much a plant health issue, as the plant will survive, but I just have to vent to frustration to someone who will understand...
As many of you know, I take care of plants in my university's library to earn extra money while I go to school. I had under my care a beautiful seven foot tall norfolk island pine. It was just gorgeous. I would even talk to it while I watered it. Needless to say, I was attached. But one day, when I was off, this wretched woman, who works at the circulation desk, stole my pruning sheers out of the supply room and lopped it down to a puny 12 inches. [Eek!] And when I ask her why she had done it, she said it was dead any way, when I had seen it 12 hours before and it was as perky as ever. [Mad] Luckily, the tough fellow is pulling through and has sprung a few new baby shoots. [thumb] Luckily for her, too. Else those pruning sheers might have found alternative uses. [devil]

One question though, is there any way I can stimulate faster growth?

Thanks for sticking with the melodramatic spew.

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.
by Dixie Angel on February 09, 2005 10:55 PM
You could cut her head off. Her brain was dead, anyway! [Wink] Sorry to say that I don't have any advice for the tree, but I just wanted to let you know that someone sympathizes with you.

Dianna

-
 -
by Will Creed on February 10, 2005 12:48 AM
That's a killer! You have my sympathy.

Increased light is the only way to promote faster growth. Fertilizer and soil supplements will not do it, despite advertising claims to that effect.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Norfolk pine| Next thread: Norfolk Pines »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: